Have some feedback for the Lounge? Let us know in our Springshare Lounge Feedback Survey here!

2020 - Lessons Learned from Moving the Library's Website to LibGuides & LibCal

Options
Springy_Carrie
Springy_Carrie Member, Springy, SpringyCamp Counselor Springy Scholar
edited June 2022 in SpringyCamp archive

Poster Session by Sam Torrez, Dickinson Public Library.

See more details and session recording (when available)

Comments

• Springy_Carrie
    Springy_Carrie Member, Springy, SpringyCamp Counselor Springy Scholar
    Options

This discussion is now open for comments!

• SamTorrez
    SamTorrez Member Springy Novice
    Options

Here is the link to our Poster LibGuides

https://dickinsonpubliclibrary.org/springycamp2020

• SusanEpstein
    SusanEpstein Member Springy Initiate
    Options

This was a great presentation and will be very helpful to me in future website initiatives. Thank you! Susan

• marmiller
    marmiller Member Lab Coat
    Options

@SamTorrez Thanks for your great presentation! I'm going to have to review your guide as we recently moved our website to LibGuides. This should help me revise some of my problem spots! Marilyn

• SamTorrez
    Options

@marmiller Hopefully it will be of help to you. I'm happy to assist in any way. :)

• SamTorrez
    Options

Someone was asking about the Search Widget that I use on our home page from the event yesterday. I said I would post the code for the custom search form outside of what LibGuides have.

Here is the form code. In the Action field enter the url with the search "search?query=" attached at the end.

<form  role="search" method="get" action="" target="_blank">

<span class="hidden-sm hidden-xs">On the go? Search our online ebooks and audio book collection.</span>

<div style="padding-top:1%;">

<input type="text" name="query" class="input-sm" placeholder="Search Overdrive" > <button class="btn btn-info"><i class="fa fa-search fa-lg" aria-hidden="true" sr-only="search"></i></button>

</div>

</form>

This was for our ebook search to our Overdrive. After I add the code I had to do some custom CSS. Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.