Have some feedback for the Lounge? Let us know in our Springshare Lounge Feedback Survey here!

2020 - Campfire Chatter - Camping Preferences

Options
Springy_Jen
Springy_Jen Member, Springy, SpringyCamp Counselor Springy Scholar
edited June 2022 in SpringyCamp archive

There's no "right" way to camp! Whether you like hiking in the backcountry and sleeping under the stars, or glamping it up with electricity and laundry, we want to know how you spend your time in the great outdoors.

Tell us in the thread about your camping preferences and your favorite camping memories!

Comments

• Springy_Michelle
    Springy_Michelle Member, Springy, SpringyCamp Counselor Springy Staff
    Options

We love to spend our time outdoors up at Lake Arrowhead. We hike and swim and play in the lake with 3 dogs and our 3.5 year old, Finley. Here she is with her favorite tree.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Springy Staff
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hubs and I head to Cabin #4 at Lake Chewacla every Dec/Jan to unplug. reset. and gear up for the new year. Below is our view. :)

• marmiller
    marmiller Member Lab Coat
    Options

As a small child, my family and I would pack in on horseback to a friend's cabin in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We slept in the cabin but the cooking was done over an open fire. I was required to wear a police whistle the whole time we were there. If I got to far from camp I was to sit down and blow that whistle until someone found me! There was a spring nearby and my mom decided I had gotten too dirty so off we went to clean me up. That was some 60 years ago and I still remember how cold that water was!

This discussion has been closed.